I asked various friends to let me know of interesting essays, articles, documentaries, clips, interviews on some of the major issues of our time, particularly the pandemic and associated social/economic issues.
Since the March lockdown, I received links from Australia, Britain, Germany, Israel, USA and Facebook Friends. I also added links from my research which I appreciated.
I have now gone through all the links I posted three days ago. I deleted four or five links I first posted on the blog. These links on websites or on YouTube had questionable motives and/or questionable organisations funding them. I replaced these with new links.
Please look through links to click on what interests you.
I am currently writing on these matters with a view to see the trend into the future. Will place reflections on the blog in the weeks ahead.
I appreciated all the links below finding in all of them some helpful points to understand the times we live in.
I am happy to add more links.
This is the website for the global figures. https:/
NB. Governments provide these figures. Sickness and death figures from coronavirus could be much higher.The mental toll on people could be deeper and more pervasive than the governments admit.
34 Links on some Global Issues (no particular order)
These links provide a range of views on coronavirus, humanity, vaccine, economy, Bill Gates, psychology, drugs, mobile phones, etc.
I do not have confidence in the media and two-minute sound bites from the political/scientific/medical experts to provide us with a calm clarity and intelligence about what is happening to our world. If I spot more useful links, I will add to the list below.
Here the themes with 34 Links. The list is followed by actual links.
- New York Times. Coronavirus daily update.
- Health Foundation. Impact of pandemic on mental health
- CDC. Coronavirus and the Elderly
- OXFAM. Donate for Coronavirus Emergency Appeal
- The Conversation. Covid-19 and BAME (Black, Asian, Minority, Ethnic)
- The Economist. Why the Impact of the Virus could be worse than what we think.
- The Guardian. The Greatest Policy Failure of Global Science for a generation. Dr. Richard Horton.
- Edward Snowden. Your mobile phone spies on you.
- 5G. Scientists warn of potential for serious health impact.
- Forbes. Microchip research to link brain to mobile phone.
- The Consequence of a Global Vaccine
- Coronavirus Chart comparing Covid-19 death with other sicknesses.
- Health Institute, UK. Virus Impact of patients with major health issues
- Aldous Huxley and the Dark Side of Pleasure
- Unreliabillity of AI. Paul Cottrell.
- New Scientist. Why has there been so many death from coronavirus in the UK.
- Vandana Shiva on Global Impact of Billionaires.
- Navdanya International. Corporate patents on seeds. Monsanto. control over agriculture.
- Albert Camus. The Plague – a pdf
- George Orwell. Capitalism and Freedom.
- Academy of Ideas. How we enslave ourselves
- Academy of Ideas. The Psychology of Conformity
- Academy of Ideas. Solitude
- UN meeting. Vandana Shiva. Oneness versus the 1%
- Cambridge House International Stock Market Advisors. Billionaires have as much as bottom half.
- Planet of Humans. Documentary. Executive Producer. Michael Moore
- Dr. Zac Bush. Healthy soil. Healthy Plants. Healthy humans.
- More and more human biological resistance to treatments. February 2020
- RT news channel. Keiser Report on virus impact on low income.
- The Guardian newspaper. Spread of the virus.
- Adam Curtis. Hypernormalisation. A documentary 2016.
- Nature Research, 5G. Eletromagnetic Radiation and the Brain.
- Medialens. The global emergency.
- World Health Organisation. Facts sheets.
34 Links to the Above Themes
/New York Times. Corona virus daily update. www.nytimes.com/ newsletters/ coronavirus-briefing?action=click&pgtype=Article&state=default&module=styln-coronavirus-national&variant=show®ion=TOP_BANNER&context=storylines_menu
/. Health Foundation www.health.org.uk/ news-and-comment/ blogs/ emerging-evidence-on-covid-19s-impact-on-mental-health-and-health
/Coronavirus and the elderly www.cdc.gov/ coronavirus/ 2019-ncov/ need-extra-precautions/ older-adults.html
- https://donate.oxfam.org.uk/appeal/coronavirus?pscid=ps_ggl_Google+-+Emergencies+-+COVID-19+-+Generic+v2_Poor+B&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIm5SDwaHV6gIVx7HtCh3TlAjGEAAYASAAEgKXR_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds. Oxfam. Coronavirus Emergency Appeal
/. Covid-19 and BAME theconversation.com/ coronavirus-its-impact-cannot-be-explained-away-through-the-prism-of-race-138046
/. Why the impact of the virus could be worse that we think. The Economist www.youtube.com/ watch?v=f9v6givfTEA
/ www.theguardian.com/ commentisfree/ 2020/ apr/ 09/ deadly-virus-britain-failed-prepare-mers-sars-ebola-coronavirus
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFns39RXPrU. Edward Snowden. Your mobile phone spies on you.
/. Potential for serious health impact. www.jrseco.com/ european-union-5g-appeal-scientists-warn-of-potential-serious-health-effects-of-5g/
// Microchip to link brain with smartphone. Forbes. www.forbes.com/ sites/ nicolemartin1/ 2019/ 07/ 17/ elon-musk-is-making-microchips-to-link-your-brain-to-your-smartphone
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDOYewK3GdY&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR1vSJXOxlG0ONXK4DsAjZD-SQK08nYyzGoA-_zM0TLhCdvC7HBl-Z0lx0M The consequences of a global vaccine.
/. Coronavirus Chart compares covid-19 deaths from other causes of sickness. www.youtube.com/ watch?v=E0oNDQbUK-U
/. Health Institute, UK. Impact on patients with major health issues. www.health.org.uk/ news-and-comment/ blogs/ shock-to-the-system-covid-19s-long-term-impact-on-the-nhs
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGkymdspups. Huxley and the Dark Side of Pleasure
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZyk2NYx6wGnpoJ7ApTxWKg. Paul Cottrell on Unreliability of AI.
/. New Scientist. UK has highest death rate in Europe from covid-19. www.newscientist.com/ article/ mg24632853-300-why-have-there-been-so-many-coronavirus-deaths-in-the-uk/
/Vandana Shiva on Global Impact of Billionaires www.youtube.com/ watch?v=YO3-1xSVG0M&t=432s
/. Corporate patents on seeds, Monsanto, control over agriculture. navdanyainternational.org/ publications/ the-corporate-war-against-the-planet-people-and-democracy/
/ www.24grammata.com/ wp-content/ uploads/ 2013/ 06/ The_Plague__Albert_Camus-24grammata.com_.pdf
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37N0aFmO19o. George Orwell, Capitalism and Freedom
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBsA7S8jxfU. How we enslave ourselves
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARGczzoPASo. The Psychology of Conformity
- ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhOvBBL6lfE. Solitude
/Vandana Shiva. UN. Oneness verses the 1% www.youtube.com/ watch?v=Ek2M-obq9LE&t=51s
/20 billionaires have as much as the bottom half of the world. www.youtube.com/ watch?v=NEnuWv38urI.
- https://21stcenturywire.com/2020/05/03/sunday-screenings-planet-of-humans-2020/. Dangers in the Green Economy
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXW1L4ZGBBI. Soil heath. Plant health. Human health. Dr. Zac Bush
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnQL-brI-9I. Coronavirus. Lack of containment of virus. More human biological resistance to treatments. February 2020.
- https://www.rt.com/shows/keiser-report/492577-fed-creates-inequality-mass-unrest/. Pandemic. Impact on low income.
- https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jul/12/the-guardian-view-on-covid-19-worldwide-on-the-march?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other&fbclid=IwAR3zAmcRkFByr-ld3CCxboB_QJcpSgLSEa4XXruRxK3SsoLNSgGT-FxyJXU. The Guardian (UK) article on the spread of the virus.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUiqaFIONPQ. Hypernormalisation. Adam Curtis. A documentary.
- https://www.nature.com/articles/d42473-019-00009-7 5G. Eletromagnetic Radiation and the Brain. Nature Research
/ www.medialens.org/ 2020/ six-months-to-avert-climate-crisis-climate-breakdown-and-the-corporate-media/
/ www.who.int/ health-topics/ coronavirus#tab=tab_1
NB. There might be those who will take up the view that some of the links above support conspiracy theories. This sounds like a conspiracy theory of those who hold such a view.
- Read about or watch a range of views on the pandemic.
- Develop a response rather than go quietly into the night.
- Do not rely upon your daily media. Go Deeper.
- If you find the articles, social media and YouTube helpful and informative, please send out the link(s) to others.
- If you don’t approve of anything you read or hear, then do your own research,
- Write/speak on what you find out and put the word out.
- It is easy to rubbish the views of others.
- It is easy to be cynical. That shows the poverty of intelligence.
- It is a challenge to offer alternative views.
- It is a challenge to state what you support when you see a wise response to painful situations.
- If you state your view on any major issue or support the view of another/organisation, you will receive appreciation and rejection.
- Never let others suppress your concerns.
- Fear of speaking up creates conformity.
- Dignity and integrity take priority.