You think about yourself. Then you think more. Then you think even more. Day after day. All this thinking makes your life difficult. Very difficult. Do not think otherwise.
Meditation contributes to clearing the mind, finding space in the mind, for thought to be clear and succinct.
Here are 12 Outcomes of Thinking Too Much about Yourself.
You find yourself:
- Addicted to comparing yourself with others.
- Far away from peace of mind
- Feel isolated from what matters.
- Feel cut off from closeness with life, nature and people.
- Feel lonely.
- Feel someone or something is missing in your life.
- Keep feeling disappointed with yourself
- Keep making yourself unhappy.
- Thinking less about needs of others the more you think about yourself.
- Unable to handle stress.
- What you think and what is seems far apart
- Withdrawing from difficult people.
What is the Resolution?
You do not have to be a Buddha to answer the question,
Think less about yourself.
Wake up in the morning with a single resolution.
You do not have to be a Buddha to know the resolution. This is the resolution.
“Today, I am firmly resolved to think less about myself.”
All this thinking stops you living.
Get back your life.
Develop seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, touching.
Tick box at very foot of blog to be notified of new posts by email.
Photo shows children meditating in
our beloved Prajna Vihar School, Bodh Gaya, India