THE BUDDHA’S TEACHINGS FOR DAILY LIFE
New Online Course over six months: February 2023 – July 2023, with Christopher and Suchitra
1st Saturday and 3rd Saturday of every month offering a single 90-minute session for the day.
CET. 8 am -9.30 am (time zones suitable for India, Israel, UK, Australia. Extra motivation for the Americas!)
Five Powers of the Mind: The Buddha emphasised the importance of developing these Five Powers of the Mind. We will start with an overview, and then explore and develop one power per month.
Five Powers of the Mind are:
- Trust/ Confidence. The Buddha shifted from faith to trust/confidence
- Energy. Physical/mental/emotional energy has a significant influence upon us – whether high, low or between.
- Mindfulness includes the ability to observe, to remember and see clearly
- Concentration/Unification of Mind. Concentration includes the capacity to stay focused on what matters/harmony/well-being
- Wisdom. Wisdom means to understand. Understanding means dissolution of suffering, of problematic issues
The Zoom Meeting will include use of Gallery on screen for interactive discussion with participants. Suchitra and I will hear your voice and respond to your experiences and questions.
- 10-to-15-minute talk
- Interactive Discussion
- 10-to-15-minute Guided Meditation
- 10 to 15-minute Summary with Application for Daily Life
Email to: Suchitra Shenoy
There is no registration fee. The course runs on dana (donations).
The course will provide a free PDF of Christopher Titmuss’ 77-page Buddha Study Guide.
Do join. We have much to learn from each other.