This is information on two upcoming Zoom teachings. Israel kindly hosts the meetings.
Registration details are below.
A single sentence can change a life.
Zoom Teaching. Public Talk and Q and A. 60 mins.
Date: 20.30 – 22.00 (Israel time zone). Wednesday evening. 1st September 2021
19.30 – 21.00 CET
18.30 – 21.30 UK
13.30 – 15.00 New York
THEME: DESIRE. LONGING. INNER BALANCE.
In the Buddha’s teachings, desire refers to a form of wanting generating pressure in the mind, dependence on outcome and leading to problems for the one who desires and often for others. The teachings offer practices to end desire. Desire reveals itself in habitual behaviour, neediness, despair, aggression, addictions etc.
Longing can reveal a deep and precious sustained wish, healthy and vital. A longing for truth. A longing for understanding. A longing for God. A longing for liberation.
Western psychology and spiritual viewpoints often stress ‘balance.’ It is not necessarily a virtue. It could show as trying to see both sides of a situation or a desire to please everybody.
This talk will examine desire, longing and inner balance. What are subtle ways to perceive the difference between the three?
What is the wisdom necessary to work with all three features of our inner life?
Session will include a guided meditation, teachings on the theme, question and answers.
See blog in days ahead for further information.
To register: https://todaabria.
To email: support@
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR ZOOM TEACHINGS/PRACTICES
If you wish to register for any Zoom Teachings/Practices, please read carefully.
- Zoom teachings are offered in the time zone of the specific country.
- I do not offer Zoom retreats as in classical residential retreats where participants attend from start to finish.
- Teachings may be for an evening (as above) or spread over some days.
- You are invited to attend as many Zoom sessions as you can.
- The Zoom days will consist of three 60-minute Zoom meeting per day.
- Morning session includes instructions and guided meditation.
- Afternoon includes question and answer and sharing.
- Evening includes Teachings plus Q and A.
- You are encouraged to engage in specific mindfulness/meditation practices at home, work and elsewhere.
- You can set a retreat timetable at home if you wish.
- If you register with a centre, you will see the link at the foot of the description of Zoom teachings.
- Organisations and Centres may make a modest registration charge to help cover ongoing running costs.
- You will receive the Zoom link a day or two before or earlier for the Zoom.
- Please send dates of Zoom teachings if you email me about a specific teaching.
- You can send your name and register with me. firstname.lastname@example.org
- A short appeal/email will be made for donations at end of Zoom teachings.
Please pass this blog link to your friends.
Please see next blog for teachings on deep meditation between Thursday 7 – 11 September.
I look forward to seeing you.