Ways to Reduce Carbon Footprint for Businesses, Organisations, Councils and Governments.
- Be creative and co-operate to reduce carbon footprint. Give high priority to such change.
- Change from use of fossil fuels (coal, oil etc) to renewable energy (sun, wind, water).
- Cut back on fashion/clothing – a major cause of pollution and impact on climate
- Detailed examination of areas for conservation of energy in factories, farms and transportation.
- Dramatic reduction of business travel. Use conference calls.
- Dramatic reduction of overproduction of goods.
- Ensure safe disposal of waste.
- Minimal use of plastic in every area including cutlery, cups, cutlery and straws.
- Minimise general waste.
- Name and apply areas for further reduction of carbon footprint
- Recycle as much as possible and make equipment last
- Reduce use of paper and printers.
- Regular meetings to measure ongoing reduction in carbon footprint
- Stop serving junk food and drink and provide locally grown, organic food.
- Use minimal temperature controls.
- Use recycled paper.
- Use sensors to switch off lighting in offices and factories, day and night.
- Work with other businesses employing energy renewable resources.