TWELVE KINDS OF TRANSCENDENCE
We need to explore our potential for transcendence. We are not bound to the finite.
- You experience difficulties. You react. You become your worst critic. You hate yourself. You feel you are a failure. You see through this conditioned, habitual and self-punishing view. You are friends with yourself. You have transcended this old pattern of prosecutor, jury and judge on your inner life. This is Transcendence.
- Your inner life is no longer a prison. You are free. This is Transcendence.
- You reflect on a difficult situation. You see how you inflamed it through memory, feelings, thoughts, projections and the manufacturing of a story. You see the Emptiness of it. This is Transcendence.
- You find yourself receptive to the Deep. You realise insights, fresh ways of seeing, inner outflows of creativity and fresh visions that you apply. You have transcended the mundane and the ordinary.
- You understand a situation that remained problematic, unresolved and troubling. This understanding means the situation stand- under you. This is Transcendence.
- There is the capacity to sustain love, friendship and empathy regardless of the behaviour of another or others. Supported with wisdom and stability, this love transcends reactivity and blame.
- There is realisation of a profound sense of freedom, of liberation. Such liberation has no colour, shape or taste to it. This freedom is not bound to an experience, a state of mind or series of thoughts. There is no formation to this liberation. Having no formation, this liberation has no beginning, middle or death to it. This is Transcendence.
- You meditate on a plant or a painting or piece of music. You realise the plant, painting or music has no essence to. It. It is made up of a composite of multiple conditions. You see the object reveals everything else. There is Transcendence while meditating on the object.
- You realise that ‘you’ is not ‘you.’ ‘I’ is not ‘I.’ ‘My’ is not ‘my.’ There is the realisation that these concepts are simply figures of speech. There is no essence to the self as the subject or self as the object. This is Transcendence.
- There is realisation of the Infinite, the Limitless and the Eternal. This realisation puts your entire modest, finite life into a perspective. This realisation is Transcendence.
- There is the knowing of the ending of karma – old, unhelpful activities and movements from the past impacting on the present. This is Transcendence.
- There is realisation of the Ultimate (different languages, such as Nirvana, God, Truth or Awakening). This is Transcendence. Silence and stillness are among the open doorways.
MAY ALL BEINGS SEE FORM IS EMPTINESS AND EMPTINESS IS FORM.
MAY ALL BEINGS SEE EMPTINESS IS EMPTINESS AND FORM IS FORM.
MAY ALL BEINGS KNOW REALISATION
(SEE THE REAL) OF TRANSCENDENCE