Known as Mara (Satan) in religious traditions, the devilish mind impacts in 12 common ways. Sharing of experiences, wise attention and daily practices contribute to the dissolution of the power of Mara in the mind.
12 Common Kinds of Mara in the Mind
- Compulsive thinking.
- Putting ourselves down or inflating self-importance
- Complaining and nagging.
- Doubting our motives for kind action.
- Feeling we are not good enough
- Addictive behaviour
- Fearful of taking beneficial risks or taking irresponsible risks.
- Imagining wealth, fame and family confirm a worthwhile life.
- Feelings of helplessness and despair.
- Fear around ageing, sickness and death.
- Lust for control and power