I am currently writing two political/social blogs to post in mid-February.
- There is the duality of the Majority and Minorities. This duality produces problems through construction of such an identity. The conservative minded have a fearful approach to ‘minorities.’ The liberal minded have a sympathetic approach to ‘minorities.’ Both views reinforce the duality of fear and sympathy. The outcome is conflict, possibly violent conflict.
- There are the current political upheavals in the USA. Millions view the present/future with concern/trepidation/fear. A corporate/military takeover of US democracy, political rights and freedom began on 20 January, 2017. An elite of billionaires and generals now decide US foreign and domestic policy. Millions hope that this political earthquake will bring about meaningful change one way or the other. Both views reinforce the duality of fear and hope. The outcome is conflict, possibly violent conflict.
Both future blogs will explore fresh ways in these two important areas of national and international life. Fear, sympathy and hope inhibit real change.
Please let me know of a theme that interests you. If possible, I will endeavour to offer a Dharma perspective.
You can now subscribe to this blog
The link to subscriptions broke and Benoit, the guardian angel of the my blog and websites, has repaired the link. A subscriber means one who signs up to receive notification of a new blog.
Thank you to the two subscribers for letting us know in the last week of the broken link.
If you had already subscribed, please re-subscribe. Do pass the word on.
Old and new subscribers only have to enter your email address in the field
“Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog” at the bottom of the right-side column on the blog,
You probably will need to click on a confirmation link sent by email, and you will then be all set.
I have the privilege of writing more than 500 blogs in the past 10 years (around one per week) with more than 100 blogs of a Dharma analysis of political issues. plus poems, reflections, reviews, teachings and practices.
A big thank you for those who comment on the blogs through the blog or through the links with the blog to Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
You can post a comment to a blog. If you wish, you can be notified of any follow-up comments.
You can be notified of new posts by email. See bottom section of the blog
- www.christophertitmuss.net Books, Video, Audio library, poems…
- www.MindfulnessTrainingCourse.org mindfulness, guided meditations, online course, essays
- www.insightmeditation.org Dharma teachings/practices, vipassana, annual schedule,
- www.DharmaEnquiry.org communication, speech, leadership, authority, critiques
- www.MeditationinIndia.org Sarnath, near Varanasi, February Retreats and other retreats
- www.dharmayatra.org Annual Pilgrimage in late July in southern France.