Ways to end the barbarism and depravity of the violence of the state and organisation.
Hatred does not cease with hatred. Hatred incites more hatred. The dark, traumatised minds of both sides engage in the plotting of revenge. Emotionally charged or unemotional and cold, both personas desire the infliction of mass suffering to secure their objectives.
This mindset is a pathology far more serious, far more dangerous than the current narrow boundaries/definitions of mental sickness.
The medical profession, the experts in mental health have let us down.
Their is a refusal in society to define the violence of the state and the violence of the organisation as confirmation of deeply rooted unresolved mental health problems.
In a civilised society, the proponents of war, who support one side to slaughter the other, would require the skills of experts in psychiatry, psychology, mindfulness, meditation, counselling, spiritual/religious/secular practices and intensive support to bring an end to their collective desire to make others suffer.
Sadly, we live with the absurd belief we have evolved when every war, every act of violence, confirms this most primitive of behaviour governs much of life on Earth.
We consider ourselves civilised and that view itself forms into such an identity that the ‘civilised’ world gets used as a weapon to denigrate and destroy the ‘other.’
A List of 50 Mutually Supportive Ways to end Wars.
What ways can you give support to resolution of conflict?
- Analysis/critiques of state of mind of political/military leaders and others who sanction death and destruction.
- Application of the Arts
- Arms control
- Banning banking from countries engaged in war
- Banning imports from countries engaged in war
- Banning export of weapons
- Blocking streets, motorways, public buildings
- BDS. Boycott. Divestment. Sanctions
- Civil Disobedience on a massive scale or modest scale
- Comedy, skits, poking fund
- Constructive exports
- Critiques of war
- Demonstrations/Marches/Street Protests
- Economic Sanctions
- Education in ethics, empathy, non-violence in schools, workplace and institutions
- Ending participation in major sporting events
- Ending arm sales, international and national
- Grass roots movements
- International Courts
- International cooperation to resolve conflict
- Mass Petitions
- Mock Funerals
- Name and shame of those who invest in war
- Parades. Gatherings. Concerts
- Private Meetings between representatives of both sides
- Prohibiting loans
- Public Talks
- Religious meetings, vigils, meditation in public
- Resistance to military call-up/conscription
- Non-violent training
- Sanctions on the rich/powerful who gain from war
- Social Media
- Street Music. Poetry, Theatre, Dance, Costumes
- Tax. Refusal to pay
- Voluntary Service.
May all beings live conscious lives
May all beings develop alternatives to war
May all beings live in peace.